Digital Initiatives 4 #CoronaVirus in Egypt
Some initiatives of the Egyptian Ministry of Communications and Information Technology
For the Health sector :
- Increasing the number of free hotlines to answer citizens’ inquiries related to COVID crisis
- Providing for free to all doctors, nurses, and staff working in the medical field, 3000 minutes of communication, and 10 gigabytes of connection per month, in appreciation of their extraordinary efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
For the Education sector :
- In collaboration with both the Ministry of Education and the Ministry of Higher Education, MCIT provided school and university students free access to all educational websites during the suspension of schools and universities.
- The government seeks to seize this opportunity to entrench the use of e-learning and distance education culture among students.
- MCIT, in coordination with the Internet Service Providers (ISPs), increased the download quota of home internet packages by 20% to attend to students’ needs in browsing different educational platforms and websites.
For Ministry employees and affiliated entities
- Holding E-meetings via video platform and suspending the fingerprint staff attendance system
For the services provided to citizens
- Increasing the number of post offices operating in the evening period. Number of offices has been doubled from 350 to 2000 to prevent overcrowding in front of offices
Encouraging citizens to use digital payment methods to pay bills
- Providing all home internet subscribers with additional 20% of their internet to encourage them to stay at home for longer periods.