Considering the fast pace of development of the ICT sector, regional cooperation has become a priority. For this reason, AICTO will strive as it might for the development of an Arab Information Society by better networking people, creating channels for sharing content, and building more bridges of cooperation that would strengthen the political, economic, social and cultural bonds.
Within this scope, collaborative projects are to be implemented according to the identified regional priorities, using public-private partnerships.
AICTO Member States, Associate Members and Honor Members have access to a number of services, and are able to take part in AICTO activities, namely:
- Conferences and workshops,
- Working groups,
- AICTO newsletter,
- AICTO technical publications and virtual forums.
AICTO expenses are mainly covered by the contributions of its Member States and Associate Members.
Who can become associate member
Any ICT entity (Regulatory authority, Telecom operator, Software Development Services companies, manufacturers, specialized advisors & studies offices, universities & research centers, association, company or department) active in the ICT sector in Arab countries.
Conditions for associate membership
- That you are capable of and willing to contribute to the development of ICT by active participation in AICTO.
- That the AICTO GA approves your candidature.
Rights of associate members
As an Associate Member you have the rights to :
- Nominate representatives to the AICTO Working Groups as well as to other ad hoc Task Forces or Studies organized by AICTO.
- Participate in AICTO Council meetings with speaking- but no voting right.
Benefits for associate members
- Networking and exchange of information with thousands of ICT professionals (executives and specialists) throughout the world,
- Getting the latest news about the technological and regulatory development in ICT sector in different parts of the world through participation in the AICTO Committees, and through the website,
- Getting access to data and case stories within the ICT industry, which might save you double or superfluous work,
- Having the possibility of influencing the way that ICT should be promoted in the different parts of the world and the way AICTO positions itself vis-à-vis local, national or supranational authorities,
- Getting your association, company or department and your commodities or services promoted world-wide,
- Providing you with a good forum for personal and professional development of yourself and your key personnel,
- Exposure on an international platform: market your products and services,
- A better knowledge of the Arab region needs,
- The private sector with a vast majority of operators and service providers, hardware and technology suppliers, represents about 80% of AICTO membership.
The duties of associate members
- Participate actively and professionally in the work of AICTO in the strive to fulfill its Vision and Mission,
- Pay an annual subscription fee according to the relevant category (see form).
How to become an associate member
and send the completed signed application form to the AICTO Secretary General by letter, fax or as email with “pdf“ enclosure.
Mrs. Rakia Baccouche Khabthani
16, rue du Brésil 1002
Le Belvédère – Tunis – TUNISIA
Phone : +216 71 789 241
Fax : +216 71 846 865