High Level Arab Regional Forum : Digital Economy : opportunities and Challenges for Arab National Economies – Over the Top Case”
Digital Economy :
Opportunities and Challenges for Arab National Economies
“Over the Top Case”
Date : 02/03 June 2016
Venue : El Mouradi Gammarth Hotel – Tunis- Tunisia
The Arab ICT Organization (AICTO) organized a High Level Arab Regional Forum on «Digital Economy – Opportunities and Challenges for National Economies in the Arab Region – Over The Top Case», under the patronage of the Tunisian Ministry of Communication Technologies and Digital Economy, and in cooperation with ITU on 02 & 03 June, at El Mouradi Gammarth hotel, Tunis, Tunisia. The forum was held in parallel with the international exhibition “SITIC Africa 2016” (www.siticafrica.com).
International experts from the Arab Region and the rest of the world took part and participated and contributed to this high level event being scheduled within the scope of AICTO Action Plan for 2016. The Forum aimed at studying the opportunities and challenges of the technological transformations for the Arab countries, as well as their regulatory, social and economic impact.
On the agenda, 5 panels through which speakers from the public sector, regulators of the Telecommunications sector, Telecom operators and OTT operators exchanged about the state of the art, and the prospects for the OTT networks in the Arab region.
Besides, comparative experiences were presented, and the Arab region priorities were reviewed, namely those related to the development of their digital economies and their consolidation through storing in a common space. A round table gathering the high level panelists, at ministerial and head of delegations level, aiming at coordinating the different opinions and reaching a common understanding, to end up with the recommendations to be adopted in the future.
This Forum held in parallel with the International Exhibition on Information and Communication Technologies ‘SITIC AFRICA 2016’, from 31 May to 02 June 2016 at the Kram Exhibition Center, offered a high level program including the following activities :
Tuesday 31 May 2016 at the “Kram Exhibition Center”, Tunis:
- Official opening of the ‘SITIC Africa 2016’ exhibition followed by a tour of the booths dedicated for VIPs.
Wednesday, 1st June 2016 at the “Kram Exhibition Center”, Tunis
- Workshop on Public Private Partnership
- A Networking Buffet for Officials and heads of delegations
- AICTO Workshop on “e-Identification and trust services within the Arab & African Region”
- B2B meetings.
Thursday 02 & Friday 03 June 2016 at hotel Mouradi Gammarth:
- The High Level Arab Regional Forum on “Digital Economy –Opportunities and Challenges for National Economies in the Arab Region –Case of The Over The Top”.(Please see the attached agenda )
14:00 – 15:00 | Delegates Registration
15:00 – 15:35 | Opening Session
Official Opening & Welcome speeches
- HE/ Mr. Mohamed Ben Amor [Secretary General – AICTO]
- HE/ Bilel Jamoussi [ITU- T- Chief of the Study Groups Department]
- HE/ Noomane Fehri [Minister of Communication Technologies and Digital Economy – Tunisia]
15:40 – 17:00 | Panel 1 : E-transformation & On-Line Services – Introductory Overview
On-line Services and Applications: Drivers, Trends and Issues
- Mr. Mokhtar Mnakri [International Expert]
- Mr. Khaled Fouad [Senior Expert – Huawei]
- Mr. Samir Ait-Ameur [International Expert]
- Mr. Slaheddine Maaref [Senior Advisor – ITU Arab Regional Office]
Day Two : Friday 03/06/2016
9:15 – 10:30 | Panel 2 : Key Considerations for Development and Social Welfare in the Digital Era
What should be the key considerations for ensuring Development and social welfare? Role of national and regional organizations.
- HE/ Mr. Mohamed Ben Amor [Secretary General – AICTO]
- Mr. Mohamed Jomni [ Director – Alecso]
- Mrs. Meriem Slimani [ Standardization & Development Coordinator African Telecommunications Union ]
- Mr. Zied Miled [International Expert ]
- Mr. Hafedh Yahmadi [CEO Cicetech]
10:30 – 11:20 | Panel 3 : OTT – State of the Art, Priorities and Issues for Policy Makers & Regulators
State of the Art of National/Regional Policy and Regulation. Major Regulatory Frameworks and Trends. What are the key issues for developing countries?
- HE/ Mr. Bilel Jamoussi [ITU- T- Chief of the Study Groups Department]
- Mr. Hichem Besbes [President – INT – Tunisia]
- Mr. Abdourachid Idriss Nour [Advisor- Ministry of Communication, Posts and Telecom, Djibouti]
- Mr. Abduljalil Alkubati [Vice Manager of Internet- Public Telecom. Corporation- YemenNet – Yemen]
- Mr. Eric Sparte Kerboriou [CCO – Tunisie Telecom ]
11:20 – 11:45 Coffee Break
11:45 – 13:00 | Panel 4 : Role of Telcos in the new Digital Ecosystem
Opportunities and Challenges for telcos with regard to evolution of the digital economic system.
- Mr. Ali Yahyaoui [International Expert]
- Mr. Youssef Masri [CEO – Ooredoo]
- Mr. Didier Charvet [CEO- Orange ]
- Mrs. Rim Belhassine Cherif [Executive Director -Tunisie Telecom]
- Mr. Jawad Abbassi [Head of MENA Government & Regulatory Affairs – GSMA ]
13:00 – 14:30 | Lunch
14:30 – 15:45 | Round Table : Wrap up and way forward
High level multi stakeholders round table : Common understanding and harmonization for a Road map toward a sustainable development and social welfare.
- Mr. Toni Eid [CEO – Telecom Review]
16:00 | Closing Remarks and Recommendations
Arab ICT Organization Address : 16, rue du Brésil, 1002 Tunis, Tunisia
- Phone : + 216 71 284 187
- Fax : + 216 71 846 865
- Website : www.aicto.org