AICTO activities are achieved within the scope of :
- The Arab Strategy for ICTs : “Building the Information Society”
- The “WSIS” recommendations (Geneva 2003 – Tunis 2005)
- The “Arab Economic and Social Development Summits” (Kuwait, 19-20 January 2009), (Sharm Sheikh, 19 January 2011), (Riadh, 20-21 January 2013)
- “Connect the Arab States Summit” (Doha, 3-5 March 2012)
Common Arab Action
- Radio communications, frequency , standards and participation in the relevant ITU Working groups,
- Achieve the homogeneity of the ICT legal framework in the Internet governance,
- Contributing to the implementation of the Arab Strategy for ICTs – building the Information Society,
- Follow up of the WSIS recommendations on the Arab level,
- Preparing guidelines for the promotion of policies and strategies related to the development of ICT in the Arab region.
Studies & Research
- Indicators, strategies and policies, regulatory and legal framework, data basis and the different actors (Public & Private sectors, the Civil Society), investment opportunities, skills, ICT Arab products, etc..
Contributes to preparing studies and promoting technology watch on ICT major subjects :
- Technology convergence
- Promoting e-content creation & intellectual property
- Development and promotion of scientific research
- Capacity Building & e-education
Regional Initatives & Projects
Until this date, the following projects have been adopted :
- Project 1 : “Promotion of “e-accessibility” within the Arab region”
- Project 2 : “Support for the Digital Broadcasting switchover and Mobile TV introduction in the Arab Region”
- Project 3 : “Arab PKI Forum”
- Project 4 : “Addressing the rise of Cloud Computing in the Arab Region”
- Project 5 : “Arab Youth Empowerment Network” [AYENet]
- Project 6 : “ICTs for a Sustainable Agricultural Development in the Arab Region”
- Project 7 : “Empowering Arab Women through ICT”
- Project 8 : “Towards a trustworthy Mobile Broadband Networks & Services in the Arab region”
Capacity Building & Technical Assistance
- Radiocommunication Related Procedures,
Contributes to organizing periodic events :
- ICT partnership Days (presenting major projects).
- Celebrating the World Telecommunication and Information Society Day.
- Virtual debates according to the adopted subjects.
- Regional and international organizations specialized in ICTs,
- The relevant Arab Patronat organizations,
- Financing structures,
- The Arab Business Forum for Information & Communications Technology.