The Arab ICT Organization is operating within the framework of the Arab strategy of the information society, the recommendations of the Arab economic, social and development summits, besides the Millennium Development Goals and the sustainable development goals (SDGs).
AICTO aims to contribute to :
- Developing ICTs and providing the necessary mechanisms to reinforce cooperation and complementarity between its members,
- Promoting and enriching common strategies and policies for ICT development within the Arab region,
Unifying and coordinating arab positions serving their own strategic interest within international organizations,
- Identifying the Arab needs and skills in the field of ICTs and providing the adequate environment propitious for making partnership relations and fruitful Arab cooperation in the field,
- Encouraging Arab and foreign ICT investment in the Arab region with further identification of investment opportunities, incentives and available encouragements and facilities in the field,
- Coordinating the regulators’ efforts so as to serve the Arab region needs and provide the necessary Arab referencement in the field,
- Reinforcing the private sector role through encouraging the participation of national communities and structures representing the private sector in all its activities,
- Providing the adequate environment to prepare, upgrade and attract Arab ICT skills and experts taking advantage from initiatives and advanced experiences in matter of ICT deployment,
- Preparing Arab Societies to the ICT requirements,Taking advantage of ICT international experiences.